The IHSAA issued a policy change a few months ago that would allow for Athletes to extend their 2019-20 Physical thru the 2021 school year to help alleviate the some of the burden placed on our healthcare system during the COVID-19 pandemic. The policy is still in place, however it has been altered to help us better determine which athletes may still have a need for clearance to participate in sports.
Here is how it will work:
- Every Returning HS and MS Athlete from 2019-20 must complete a “2020-21 HEALTH HISTORY UPDATE QUESTIONNAIRE and CONSENT & RELEASE CERTIFICATE”
- This form is submitted to the AD.
- If you answer “yes” to any question, you will need a new Pre-Participation Physical completed by your physician prior to sports participation on 8-3-20
- If you answer “no” to all the questions, your 2019-20 Pre-Participation Physical will be extended to expire at the end of the 2020-21 school year.
- Those Athletes that are not returning (Transfer students, did not participate in 2019-20 sports, rising 6th grade students) will need to have a Pre-Participation Physical completed by their physician.
- Forms may be turned into your coaches, dropped off at the HS Main Office or emailed to the AD at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click Here to download the form: 2020-21 Health and History Questionnaire and Consent Form
Contact the Athletic Department with any questions or concerns.